3 decades of rock, in convenient bite-sized pieces

5.13.2006

#113 - Rockin' All Over the World (Bon Jovi)

Artist: Bon Jovi
Album: None
Other Versions: John Fogerty, and according to sing365 Springsteen's covered it too
Era: N/A

Lyrics

I don't have a lot to say about this one. According to iTunes, this is the second time I've ever listened to it. Huh.

I don't know the original, so I don't know how it compares.

What I do like about this version is the atmosphere. It feels very laid-back, very spur of the moment. It's chill and it's fun, and it just makes me bob my head and sing along. And it's one of the few bootlegs where when Jon says "David" it doesn't sound like "Debbie". That needs to happen more often, I'm sick of people asking me who Debbie is.

Mmm, piano solo. Not one of my favorite David moments, though, not by a long shot. Part of my problem is the quality of the version I have. It's pretty shitty, and when the piano gets high it messes with whatever this was being recorded on. But still, piano solo. Wheee.

I keep forgetting this exists. The only times I remember it are when it comes up on shuffle, or I'm searching for David's version (5,000+ songs, it's way easier to search than scroll through). It isn't bad, there just isn't anything about it that really stands out.

My Rating: 5/10

David has requested to be taken out of the voting while he still has some pride left (because I totally talk to him all the time. We do each other's hair and dish about boys and eat ice cream). So, let's go with songs from 7800 I actually don't omg love.
  • In and Out of Love
  • (I Don't Wanna Fall) to the Fire

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the same version with Steven Van Zandt?

In and Out of Love

Anonymous said...

(I Don't Wanna Fall) to the Fire

The Brunette said...

"In and Out of Love!" My family used to take me down to Seaside Heights when I was a kid in the '80s, so the video brings back memories.

Anonymous said...

in and out of love

Anonymous said...

Rocking.. is a Status Quo song written by Fogerty.