3 decades of rock, in convenient bite-sized pieces

2.23.2006

Some notes

to the commenters on the last post:

1. Thank you two for correcting me. I was originally going to do "Santa Fe" but then I was like "I actually kind of feel like bitching, is there a song I can be nice about but bitch about at the same time?" and then I remembered the live version of Miracle, so I could gush for a couple paragraphs but still get the bitchy out, haha. I've messed up on the title so much lately I should start giving out cash prizes to people who catch it. Or, you should all send me a dollar when I get it right.

2. I am extremely glad you liked my post about "The Answer", because that paper only got a B. Would you like to call up my English professor and tell her she was wrong? Haha.

3. I like that poll idea! Right now I choose by deciding what cd I want to do the song from - usually by checking my little list of the order I've done cds in so I don't wind up going These Days/Keep the Faith/These Days/Keep the Faith - and loading my "BJ A Day" playlist into iTunes Party Shuffle thing behind whatever I'm listening to, and write about the first song that comes up from the album I picked. I like the idea of narrowing it down to three or four and having a vote, though. Start looking for this - if I don't use it in the next entry, it'll probably be not long after.

4. "Blaze of Glory" being on the Bon Jovi greatest hits pisses me off too. It's a great great song, and it was a massive hit for Jon and I'm glad it was so big, but I think it showing up on a Bon Jovi cd is a big slap in the face to Richie and Tico and David who basically got told that as long as the singer stays the same their contributions are less important. And you know how much I love Tico and David, so even an imagined slight bothers me more than it should. I'm sure they don't even mind it, or it wouldn't be there, but I still don't like it.

Also, I'm going home for a couple weeks. I'll be bringing my Bon Jovi music, of course, so I'll still be updating, but if there's no new entry for a couple nights it's because I'm wiped from traveling and not capable of rational thought. And I might be getting my wisdom teeth out, so I may miss a few more days thanks to the wonders of pain medication. I'll keep you updated!

2 comments:

Diati Halia said...

These Day, is the sweetest album..even frankly I love all their romantic rock love song..
viva BJ

Anonymous said...

Thanks you a lot. Why don't you write about one particular Crossroads (or is it Corossroad?) song? Umm, you know which one.
Wishes to continue being so kind to go on with this project!